Friday, January 15, 2010

The Day I Smelled the N2O

Laughing, giggling, grinning I was
When I went to the dentist with a worthy cause
Plucking my tooth he was,with ease and no pain
And me chuckling, rolling, jostling again and again
Psyched up I was when I was at the dentists
It was time for me to consult a psychiatrist

I had lost a family and a tiny tooth
To a public bombing which killed my dear ones in a phone booth
Depressed I was to see the world under chaos
And also to see the humanity goin for a toss
Pain in my tooth,pain in my mind
Desperate I was for the things to rewind
So here I am at the dentist today
Today... The day I smelled the N2O

By,
Amogh & Nischal
This poem won the 2nd place in a sonnet writing competition held at Jain College.
We wrote it in 20 minutes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment